These bite-size empanadas are filled with a spicy Buffalo chicken filling that is downright addictive! Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery to cool things down. Recipe and image courtesy of Betty Crocker.Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, if desired
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper; set aside.
2 In medium bowl, mix onion, green chiles, chicken, cheeses and Buffalo sauce.
3 Unroll pie crusts. Using 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut circles from crusts, rerolling dough to get 21 circles. Place level measuring tablespoon Buffalo chicken mixture on center of each circle. Fold dough in half over filling; pinch and press edges with fork to seal or roll edges to seal. Place on cookie sheets. Prick tops of empanadas with fork to allow steam to escape.
4 Brush each with beaten egg. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on cooling racks. Serve warm with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping.