Caribbean Tuna Salad
Tuna salad is a summertime staple. If you find yourself getting bored with the traditional recipe, try this healthy recipe from Starkist. It's the perfect way to enjoy lighter fare during the hot, steamy days of summer without sacrificing flavor.
· 2 (5 oz.) Cans - Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
· 2 1/2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
· 2 tsp. chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
· 1⁄4 cup chopped jicama
· 1 mango (1⁄2 diced for salad and 1⁄2 sliced for garnish)
· 4 avocados, halved
· Cilantro and lime juice to taste
· Leaf lettuce, if desired
In a medium bowl mix mayonnaise and chipotle pepper well. Add tuna, jicama and diced mango and mix well. Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Hollow out slightly if needed. Place tuna salad in avocado half and sprinkle with a little fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Place on lettuce-lined plate with mango slices as a garnish.